Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am heading down to do a bunch of rivers in AZ, including salt daily, santa maira, fossil creek, and others. But i need beta about those rivers. Will they be running in march 5 - march 14. Any beta would be better than what i have right now (which is just what the guidebook for southern colorado) thank you much

·
H2 Hoes
107 Posts
Hello, i am heading down to do a bunch of rivers in AZ, including salt daily, santa maira, fossil creek, and others. But i need beta about those rivers. Will they be running in march 5 - march 14. Any beta would be better than what i have right now (which is just what the guidebook for southern colorado) thank you much
not going to mexico then?

·
Registered
517 Posts
guidebooks

Get this
Paddling Arizona-A Guide to Lakes Rivers and Creeks by Tyler Williams & Salt River Guidebook - Shop for Salt River Map or Salt River Guide Book on AllAboutRivers.com
or this if you want more than just Arizona
Whitewater of the Southern Rockies by Stafford and McCutchen & Rocky Mountain River Guide - Shop for Rocky Mountain Whitewater or Rocky Mountain Kayaking Guidebook on AllAboutRivers.com
have fun...Atom...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Those guides are a good start, Tyler's being the most inclusive of AZ. :D

AZ beta is hard. Check out huckinhuge.com for some trip reports and beta not in those guides. Eddyflower and AW list some more ok info. There are some good blog trip reports on some of the AZ creeks, such as Tonto, Christopher and Poland Creek, but not so much on the classics that you mentioned. Don't plan on leaving for sure until you check flows the entire week before, and still cross your fingers that you will have water when you get there.

The good news is, if you drive all the way out there and everything else drops out, you should still have the Salt. And the Salt does have waterfalls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts