Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Argenta falls on the lake fork of the gunnison has ever been run. I was on the web looking at lake city and came across pictures of it. It said its about 25 m high.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i know some guys ran a sick looking 25 footer up on henson creek--above the book section... did you say 25 meters?

·
Registered
808 Posts
ohy yea- there is some good-looking stuff up high on the lake fork above lake city... anybody run that gorge up there?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I used to come over Cinnamon Pass from Silverton occasionally, and that gorge always looked tempting. I was planning on scoping out the gorge up there above the "town" of Sherman this past fall. Looked like a first descent, but Gary E says it's been run. The takeout is all private lands with signs up all over the place, so a probe run would have to be stealth. Looks like the gradient is there- flow would have to be visual.

I still want to check it out sometime, even if it isn't a 1st D.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The 25+ foot drop that has been run in that area is Whitmore falls on Henson Creek. Has only been run a few times to my knowledge. It has a series of 7 hard moves in an overhanging gorge w/undercut walls just above the drop, then it spits you out of a crack (the falls) into an open cauldron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts