Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son says he's ready to learn how to roll. Which pools are still open for paddling?

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like Tues. nights at the DU pool with Confluence. It starts at 8:30pm but you may want to call and make sure there is room beforehand. Cameron

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My son is 5, so I need something a little earlier. Is Meyers stlll open?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Roll Classes

I went to Golden to the rec center on 10th street last night. They have open pool tues and thurs nights. Its $12 to rent (boat, skirt, and paddle) and $8 for the use of the pool. Times are 630pm to 830pm.

·
Have paddled a Quest
102 Posts
Thanks. My son is 5, so I need something a little earlier. Is Meyers stlll open?
Meyers is open 3-7pm the next three Sundays; $8 pool fee.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Golden Pool - question(s)

I went to Golden to the rec center on 10th street last night. They have open pool tues and thurs nights. Its $12 to rent (boat, skirt, and paddle) and $8 for the use of the pool. Times are 630pm to 830pm.
Does the Golden Rec center require reservation, or is it truly open pool? Also, is there an age limit - I'd like to bring my 7 year old, he's itching to get in his boat again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does the Golden Rec center require reservation, or is it truly open pool? Also, is there an age limit - I'd like to bring my 7 year old, he's itching to get in his boat again.

Thanks!

You can call in an make a reservation, but if there is room and you show up they will let you in the pool. I know of no age limitations there either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Dave,
We have pool sessions 5 nights a week.
Monday and Wednesday at Carmady Rec. Center in Lakewood
from 6:30 to 8:30
Tuesday and Thursday at Golden Rec. Center from 6:30 to 8:30
Also Thursday at Englewood Rec. Center from 7 to 8
Saterday at Centennial pool in Longmont from 5 to 7

RA Guides strives to supply our students and friend with an enjoyable time. So we feel it is important that we limit the number the of people we let in the pool. When I go to the pool I want to have fun and having an over crowded pool isn't.

Call to sign up 303-988-2943 or online at raguides.com

I will be at the longmont pool this week give me a call

303-503-4030
Hope to see you all on the water. Union is still going off
Lyle

·
Registered
13 Posts
RMA was sponsoring pool sessions in Fort Collins at the Mulberry Rec Center on Sunday nights - 5-7 or 6-8. Not sure if it's still happening - give RMA a call and they'll fill you in.
Looks like tonight was the last night of the pool sessions... oh well. Looks like they are a good resource for some beginner lessons though. I've just starting to look into the sport over the past few weeks and it seems like something I think I'd enjoy. Trouble is my friends are rafters and don't know much about how to get me started. The consensus everywhere is to take lessons and do some pool sessions, but being so completely new to this stuff I don't know where to start with that either.
I've been looking around here and getting tips about things (more about things I'll use later down the line) but I haven't seen a "getting started" guide or I hate the term newbie but a "newbies steps to getting started". Could I propose that you start one using me as the ginni pig? I'm about as ignorant of the sport as you could be...but ready to learn.

-r

1 - 13 of 13 Posts