Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wants to spend his birthday weekend boating and I need your help with some ideas. We are all class 4 yakers but want to take the lady folk along in a raft, so I am looking for ideas of day trips in the greater CO/WY area. Something class 3 or 4 that will have enough water for a raft, we are tolerant of some beer drinking flat water but would like at least a little action for us yakers.

Our current thoughts are:

-BV for Browns (if running, big IF) + Pinnacle on Sunday

-Westwater is out as we could only get a Sunday launch and the drive makes it unreasonable.

-The Snake in Jackson

-The Shoshone of WY, (would this be flowing yet?)

Thanks for all your help!
Tele

·
Registered
586 Posts
There's enough water for a raft in Royal Gorge right now, too, and more than enough fun for yaks.
You might also consider Taos, NM - the flows for Lower Taos Box and Pilar are coming up and are at a decent level - both those runs meet your wish list (except that they're in NM instead of Colo or Wy.) And the Rio could be getting high by late April, depending on weather.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Browns is raftable right now

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jesus, teletumbler, where the hell do you live??? Jackson OR Cody????? Don't waste your time, it's still full-on winter up here in Jackson. We got 7" last night, with another 12-24" predicted for the mountains thru Sunday evening. We're leaving here to find boating, have a Salt trip in two weeks.
I wouldn't consider coming to Jackson this year before mid-May at the very EARLIEST....... then it's going to GO OFF!!!!!!

My buddy wants to spend his birthday weekend boating and I need your help with some ideas. We are all class 4 yakers but want to take the lady folk along in a raft, so I am looking for ideas of day trips in the greater CO/WY area. Something class 3 or 4 that will have enough water for a raft, we are tolerant of some beer drinking flat water but would like at least a little action for us yakers.

Our current thoughts are:
-BV for Browns (if running, big IF) + Pinnacle on Sunday

-Westwater is out as we could only get a Sunday launch and the drive makes it unreasonable.

-The Snake in Jackson

-The Shoshone of WY, (would this be flowing yet?)

Thanks for all your help!
Tele

·
Registered
260 Posts
Might be a bit early for the Shoshone they usually start releasing on the 15th of April but its been wet and wintery still and i would say they wont release until later in the month.

Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts