Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkiong the Rio Embudo may be just a little too high by the weekend for my first creek run of the year. I suspect Escalante will be low but runnable. Is there anything worthwhile near there that has water to help justify the drive to Escalante?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Dave, I was considering a long weekend loop. I need to make a trip to Durango, so I was looking at leaving Friday night and heading to Escalante. Boat Saturday, then drive down to Durango. Hit Vallecito Sunday morning and then rally home. Just a possibility at this point, let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Dolores

Hey Dave;

It's not creeking, but it might be worth checking out the play section 2-3 miles north of Stoner on the Delores - not super close(maybe 2 hours drive) but a super-fun playwave section that's running very well right now (@1500). If you've never hit that, it's totally worth the extra effort.

Josh

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that is a fun stretch. I ran it once in 98 or so. I don't mind the 2-3 hours from there, its the 8 hour ride back that will keep me from running stoner, till I can link it with a trip down from cahone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
escalante shuttle

We're heading down to Escalante tonight as well. Maybe we can hook up for paddle and/or shuttle.

see you down there

F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts