Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone who could take myself and 3 others on a raft trip. We are coming from Kentucky. I usually come out and hard boat the melt but my kids wanted to see Colorado for their family vacation this year so we are coming out on July 24 through July 30 instead of my normal June trip. We have red rocks tickets for Cheese on the 26th so will be on the front range at that time but we are willing to travel anywhere in the state. I had a friend that was going to take us but he was just in a car accident and won't be able to go. My son is the youngest at 10 years old so I'm looking to paddle something that he would be able to handle. I think the water is the best way for them to experience Colorado. I can take care of food or beverage or what ever else is needed. If no one is available are their any outfitters that anyone would recommend? Thanks!

Kene

·
Registered
984 Posts
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/p...tionArea/Documents/AHRARiverOutfitterList.pdf

Start here for the Arkansas. Brown's Canyon is really the best stretch, fine for the 10 yo. Any outfitter in the Salida/BV area will provide you a good experience.

Shoshone out of Glenwood is another good stretch for a family float.

The later you go in the summer, the fewer the options.

I'd be surprised if you find any takers on your query for a private 'guide'.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been down Browns canyon in my kayak as well as royal gorge. Been on a lot in the front range. But it's all been during the melt. Hoping there are some things still running next week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try the Colorado River Center. 1-888-888-RAFT. We offer fun, scenic river trips on the Upper Colorado River. Great trip for all ages. For the more adventurous sorts we bring along inflatable kayaks (duckies). These are a blast and no extra charge. You can also book your trip online at Coloradorivercenter.com

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
any local poudre guides can take my raft and take Kene and his family down stevens or any combination the want, they are real good people.

Randaddy, simple man???

Where the walka is Eric Carlson???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts