Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it should be boney, cold, and otherwise ill-advised, but fun

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
If it is sunny and the snow sucks, I'm in.

If you don't want to wait so long we will be boating the Animas on a booze cruise next weekend. I am going to Crestted Butte this weekend to ski and buy a new boat. I have put together a drinkin posse to test it out. I will let you know when we get closer if it will be Sat or Sun, which ever is sunnier. :D

PS- I hear the skiing is really good in the Butte right now, can anyone confirm? Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
good, faaast, quite and loads of snow.......nothin' rad yet....soon though as the bombs were popping all day....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why wait?

Why wait? Its absolutely fun now, compared to paddling flat water. Even though I saw a bald eagle and great blue heron on my last flat water paddle. Smelters is fun if its above 50 deg F and full sun (before 1230 when the sun goes behind smelter mtn.) Sunday was a blast. Smelter hole was getting stickey and pourovery but there were still lefts and spins at corner pocket and side pocket. Think I'm crazy? Yes rolls are cold on the face but I only did three. Got hot in between. No, an eminently sane workout. Although friends are in Baja and Oregon where there's real paddling. Be there at 1100 today. Lovely.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1pm on Saturday the 18th. I have a small posse running the town run. I am going backcountry skiing until noon and then putting on at one. We will be launching at 32nd and taking out at Smelter. A sober driver would be much appreciated, if not we will have to one eye it home. :wink:

I only have three in the group but anybody is welcome to join us. The weather is looking nice and we will be having lots of beverages and stopping to enjoy the beverages. This will be booze cruise, serious kayakers need not apply. :D

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
yall r crazier n hell
I’m down for the first
But only if we’re drinkin whisky
somebody post a meet time for the shitpark after xmas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts