Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im a beginner boater wondering if it was worth the drive from Denver to work on my roll and cartwheels. There's gotta be at least a pool left over by the museum right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would go to a pool. I think you might enjoy that a little more. Are you a member of the Denver Rec Centers? You should be, good deal. Glenarm Rec Center let me put my boat in for free, as long as it wasn't busy. There are other pools with open kayak sessions. I cannot remember who they are though. Someone browsing through this should have more info on the open pool sessions. I heard they are full of hot kayaking girls and the ratio is 20 to 1 girls to guys. This is something I heard about, don't know if it is true. But I can tell you one thing. They are not down at Golden right now.

Good luck...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Howlie. I'm already going to Confluence's pool sessions on tuesday nights but the main reason I ask about Golden is that I feel like once a week just isn't enough. Hehe, kayaking hotties...delicious thought but I'd rather concentrate on getting some skills down so I can run some water in the spring. I'd be interested to find out more about Glenarm though.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Man that just scares me! Kayaking is cool and all that but you are only young once. I seriously doubt the ratio but, holy cow, chase the hotties.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you gh but when I get to the pool, Im not interested in anything other than working on my kayaking. Girls are everywhere all the time. Open pool is only for 1.5 hours. :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hey are you ok

Dude, the girls are where it's at. Boating is cool but this pool thing sounds like a chic BONANZA!!!!! How do I get there?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know where the rumors came from but I can assure you that if you come to open pool looking for girls, you will be disappointed. However if you come to work on your stern stalls, then you will have fun. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think 100 cfs currently listed for Golden is enough for a beginner/intermediate to do some gentle play and work on your moves.

It's a good level to practice so you can impress the babes when the water comes up in the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts