Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in knowing any info about what the rapids would be like at these flows, around 11,00 cfs.

Any concerns about low spots?

I'd like to put together a multi-day float, I'd be running a 14' SB raft.

·
Cpt. No Scout
517 Posts
Boney as all get out. Its ok for kayakers but you'll spend a good deal of time pulling over rocks and a hard time geting power out of your sitcks in most rapids. What section are you thinking? because you might put off an elf run around washington creek. But you might be hating life from rivera down. Irish railroad to govenor would be an sob. Just above the road that comes in over pierce in a tight couple miles too.

No way are going to pull off a loaded boat. You'll need to set up a base camp and you "may" find a couple 5 miles sections in areas described above. you will be limited on putin/take out access.

Its a tube run right now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was afraid of, we're wanting to do a multi trip somewhere kinda wanted to stay closer than the Salmon. Not necessarily after big water but a good float without dragging over gravel.

Perhaps a lightly loaded super puma might be the way to go for day trips.

·
Cpt. No Scout
517 Posts
That's what I was afraid of, we're wanting to do a multi trip somewhere kinda wanted to stay closer than the Salmon. Not necessarily after big water but a good float without dragging over gravel.

Perhaps a lightly loaded super puma might be the way to go for day trips.

Actually the salman is much closer time wise that the NFC. 2 hours to L-town and 2 more to riggins. Its 3 hours from L-town to NFC. Its actually faster to go throw L-town than Superior Mt. Why not the clark fork? Its just over the hill..:-D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The lower Salmon is a consideration. I misread the flow its under 1100 sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Clark Fork is a consideration also do you happen to know what sections are good this time of year?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we might put in below the gorge and take out around Paradise, that should give us the 3-4 day trip were after. I'm used to paddle boating and will be on the oars for my second time so it should give me a chance get some practice safely in great scenery and close to home too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dont skip the Gorge, its the only real splashes you'll get the entie time. The water is really low but very runnable right now. Have a fun trip.:D

·
Cpt. No Scout
517 Posts
I would run the gorge. Even with your limited experience. Rapids are short and very eazy to scout. Water is warm and a recovery is easy. Plus there will be other floaters on the run. The rapids are easier to run then the city run near riggins on the salmon. Way easier than the NFC for sure. If you take you time, you'll be happy you did. Put in above the gorge for a warm up.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the vote of confidence I've ran it with pangea and your right its pretty straight foward. Want to meet up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts