Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yesterday it was just about a wash. No good at all. There's been some talk about stacking rock to raise the pool level.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wish people had not messed with that hole as it was so cool.

If people want to try to stack rocks or whatever I am in. I know that we have to be careful about where we get the rocks as they hold the bank in should the water get higher.

Caspian I am with you about stacking rocks downriver so that the pool will be higher, the flow is more than likely already constricted enough at the top.... although there are some nasty rocks in the eddy on surfers left so any water that can be moved to the right might be helpful.

Part of what made that hole so cool was a rock that was about 15-20 feet below it which really pushed the water back into the hole. Some people considered it to be dangerous so it was removed.

anyway just some thoughts,

benrodda

·
Registered
882 Posts
That rock is now about 40 feet downstream of the hole, near the left bank. I think that filling in the gap b/t the rock and the bank might raise the pool enough to help the hole out, but you know this is more voodoo than science. I would bet there is good stone just downstream of there, since most of the stone used by boaters in 2003 to create the hole was from near the hole itself.

I'm in for stacking rock, though. I'm off to the Ark for the weekend, but how about Thursday after work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bingo might not be good but the hole with the bleachers is going off right now. In addition, a couple of holes up from the bleachers is also really fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts