Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin' afloatin' next week and am looking for a decent, less crowded run. has anyone been up here? i found some info about put-in/take out and shuttle but have only read nightmare stories about insect swarms etc. also, which section is better , meeker-rangely or rangely to green river? any clue how long these sections may take at current flows and good campsites? any thoughts or info provided is greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
156 Posts
rangely-> most of the way to green river

back in '96 we did it in canoes in 4 days, mellow class IIish, no-one there but Landis Arnold testing out some of his prijon sea kayaks. The green river confluence is on Res land, so I'm not sure how kosher it is w/o permission from the Utes-- I know there was a clamp-down on River left camping on Deso-Gray of the green due to Res issues.
-Carter @ 303-345-3823 if'n you have more questions-- NOLS utah I believe still runs the trip comercially, they are in Vernal, and last I heard Phil Henderson was the jeffe there-- tell him I said "hey" if you call.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

hey guys thanks for the replies...i will ring NOLS and see what they have to say. I actually found that jerry's floaters guide last night. its pretty informative!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts