Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us from Vail are going down to Costa Rica on Oct 16. Plan on a few days in Turrialba and then heading to Boquette in Panama for a couple of weeks.
Looking to find some paddlers to hook up with to share shuttle costs or even a rental truck.

Any other groups going to be there that time (Oct 16-Nov 6)????

-Sean
970-949-3350
[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
costa rica

i am going for the month of december, kind of a surf/kayak trip, would appriciate any beta you can give me, would love to hear how it goes thanks in advance
good luck traveling
Nate
[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
costa rica

i am going for the month of december, kind of a surf/kayak trip, would appriciate any beta you can give me, would love to hear how it goes thanks in advance
good luck traveling
Nate
[email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Brook, thanks, I just talked with Andy.

Nate, get in touch in Nov & I'll give you any beta I have. I've been to CR several times for kayaking & surfing so I should be able to point you in the right direction. You can get by e-mail or at the shop.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow,

Quite a deal on tickets to Costa Rica.... Can you provide a little more information as to how I might be able to find that rate? Pretty Please.

Ben rodda

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been living in CR for about a year and would like to hook up and boat. Panama is definately a spot i'd like to check out...
I have not smuggled my creek boat down here yet, but I will rent one if my Kingpin is not an option. I forgot the name, but I know there is a run with like 13 miles of solid class 4 (beautiful too, of course) about an hour or so after you cross the CR border into Panama.
Got the surf bug when I got here and have not been able to put my board away...kind of sad considering all the prime rivers here. Some sweet, new runs with a crew from Colorado is the kick in the ass I need to pull me away from the ocean.
I could break away for maybe a week or a little more in mid Oct from construction here in San Jose. I have a 4x4, but my racks broke a while back.
Rio Naranjo in Manuel Antonio is a run I have not hit and is on the way down to Panama. Class 3-4, but should be solid 4 in mid Oct. (upper stretch is 5, but is only good to go after the wet season)
Anyway, I am always looking for someone to boat/surf with....I just wish I had more time on my hands to do more exploring!
It has been raining pretty hard and the rivers are full...problem is, the SSW swells have been rolling in on a weekly basis and that is super hard to resist for some reason!
(I would really like to check out Rio Chiripo..anyone done it, I hear it is fairly EPIC)
Hasta pronto y PURA VIDA
Ian Lynch
[email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Panama

Great Ian!

I hear the rivers in Panama are already going off. All the stuff we are planning on doing is within a few hours of the border and we are bringing kingpins as well.

Check your e-mail!!
-Sean

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm going down on Oct. 23-Nov. 5. Flying into San Jose and making my way to Panama. Rio General, Cadera, Chiriqui Viego, Coto Brus, Savegre, and Navanjo, are the runs tentatively planned. Hope to see some local folks there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a small group toying with the idea of hitting Panama in and around the dates of Nov 20th - Nov 29th (Thanksgiving). We are looking to paddling class IV and V. None of us have been to Panama and don't know the ins and outs of paddling there.

Is anyone else going to be there over Thanksgiving? Where should I look for beta?

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
alexhenes said:
I have a small group toying with the idea of hitting Panama in and around the dates of Nov 20th - Nov 29th (Thanksgiving). We are looking to paddling class IV and V. None of us have been to Panama and don't know the ins and outs of paddling there.

Is anyone else going to be there over Thanksgiving? Where should I look for beta?

Thanks
Alex
Hey Alex! I'll be in Costa Rica the whole month of November, probably will stay in CR the whole time, but who knows... My dissertation has kept me away from paddling most of the summer, so i'm rusty - will get my groove back on IV and see how i'm feeling about running some V. Keep me posted if you end up in CR or Panama in November... -claire

·
Registered
141 Posts
I will be in Panama (Bocas del Toro, about 50 KM from CR, on the Caribbean) from Nov 7-13 and would like to get some kaykaing in either in Costa Rica or Panama. If anyone is going to be there and would like to meet up or has any beta on kakaking and surfing in the area please hit me up.

Thanks,
Andrew
[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Sean

Hey Sean, ran into a friend from Noc who I believe he said he'll be in Pananma. His name is Drew Austell sounded like he knew people who had a whole shuttle rig service set up. His email is:[email protected] Super solid paddler. He's in WV right now so I dont know if he gets email regularly. You could probably get good beta from him. Russell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts