Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been oddly low for the amount of water that is sitting in Dillon/Green Mountain. Gorefest would be a lot more fun at 1100+.

Anyone got a crystal ball?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My buddy who is in charge of controlling the flows out of dillion said they are planning big releases for the weekend of the 20th and 21st. I guess they are doing some kind of maintence which would require a flow somewhere around 3000cfs.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobby, that is one hell of a rumor. If you are screwing around, you might want to recant that soon. 3K for the race would be absolutely out of control.

On the other hand if you are serious, this could be the best Gorefest that I can remember. I think a lot of people would re-consider getting in there that weekend.

I have actually never even seen Gore over 2200...

·
Tim Kennedy
119 Posts
3000cfs from Dillon?

I have serious doubts about a 3000cfs release from Dillon Res. I don't think that the river bed between Silverthorne and Green Mountain could support that much water without flooding surrounding residences and maybe even the roadway. Maybe your friend meant to say 300 cfs or 3000 acre feet?

Either way, since Green Mtn is full, hopefully they will release in accordance with lake inflows. If the rumor of releases from Dillon is true. This would make Gore between 750 and 800 cfs, with a minimum of 300 cfs release from Green Mtn.

Pray for water calls from western ranchers and hope that the Roaring Fork drops significantly.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I know people who have run the Upper Blue (back in the day) above 2200 and 2600 cfs. Therefore, a release around 3000, though unlikely, is still plausible for the riverbed in that area. I don't know any actual facts about releases in this area this summer and fall, though.

COUNT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I apologize for the misunderstanding. My friend is in charge of controlling the flows out of dillion, but he was referring to the Green Mountain Reservoir. I’m pretty sure he said the weekend of the 20th, but I might be mistaken. I’ll see if I can find more info.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Any new info on the level.....BTW don't have a Y but have an old Savage Scream you could borrow.....it's no virgin to Gore and is actually a boat that is still seen in recent kayak vids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts