Mountain Buzz banner

Anyone Have a Raft Trailer from David in Aurora?

Tags
rafting
3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Osprey 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a raft trailer (8.5' by 12') from a guy named David in Aurora. He advertises all over craigslist and several other online classified sections, and it looks like he has sold quite a few of these trailers. I would assume someone on here has bought one, and I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is. He calls them Xtreme Raft Trailers, and they have a roller on back with a hand winch on front.

#3 ·
Nice looking trailer. depending on what you're towing you may not need it quite that wide. This is only a little obnoxious for tight maneuvering and parking spots. The extra width will help protect the boat a bit too though.

Seems odd that no one here has any knowledge if he is actually making and selling them.

#4 ·
Shameless plug- I have a very similar trailer without the rollbar & winch for sale on the swap here for half the cost. You could add a rollbar & winch easily enough. Just sayin' ;)

#6 ·
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Everything is pretty nice, except it came with untreated 2x6s, so I am going to pull those off and put some treated plywood instead, as the 2x6s seem like half the weight of the trailer. The width will definitely take some getting used to, as I can't be a lazy driver, and really need to be centered in my lane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.