Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is there even water in that neck of the jungle? I always thought the whole Vail Valley area was so full of Gaper sediment that all their water was immediately diverted to the front range in order to avoid Gape Contamination...a very serious water parasite known to cause Jesture hats with bells and one piece pink and black snow suits to permanently attach themselves to all who come within a 10 mile radius (rare occurrences of one piece Purple and Pink snowsuits, Cowboy Hats, and Fuzzy baby blue knee high boots have also been reported on both male and female patients). I remember in 1992 when Regiment 23 from the Salvation Army had to dig massive ditches to catch all the snowmelt and divert it towards the South Platte before it reached the watershed. They lost four members to the parasite after their anti-gape suits were torn by nearby brush, and Denver Health had to quarantine them as soon as they returned in order to keep this nasty, nasty thing from spreading to the rest of the cool FR community. Unfortunately, Denver Health gave them too much AGFRCS (Anti-Gape-FR-Coolness Serum), and they turned into Californians…never to be seen again. The Salvation Army has been trying to track them down ever since. They had a couple solid leads that led to the suspicion of Justin Timberlake being one of them, but they could never prove such a mutated being used to be a valiant soldier in the Salvation Army.

Anyway, be careful out there…don’t forget your AGFRCS shots and by all means, stay out of that creek.

·
Registered
882 Posts
"It sure does suck..."

Actually, I've never paddled the Eagle below the Dowd takeout, but I couldn't resist the opportunity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any paddler knows it take a few years of experimentation to create the right feature. look at all the parks and they did not happen overnight. Give it 2 years and it will be fine
ikayakandboard. You are an ass and you just proved it. Keep your shit home wherever you are and your stupid immature uneducated comments up your ass where they belong Better to be thought an ass than open your mouth and prove it

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow. I am sorry for offending anyone who lives in the Vail Valley. It was just a joke meant to be at your tourists' expense, not your's. I am sorry, and will attempt to restrain myself from going near a computer after consuming massive amounts of rum in the future. I seriously didn't mean anything by it.

Clinton

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Avon park is not the easiest park in the world to play in but the town of Avon has allocated money to fix it when the water goes down.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens next year. Even the Salida holes took a couple of years to get dialed in.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The park is still being worked on. Most parks take a bit of tweaking before they are perfect. Also consider there were several restrictions in place that may have made the features more challenging to create. I look forward to seeing what happens when they make the corrections. It is a good location and the improvments should make the area even nicer.

hobie

·
Registered
88 Posts
IkayakNboard- don't apologize!!!!! I thought it was hilarious, and anybody that cannot take a joke is a tool, not you my friend....except you apologized and that made it not as funny. Now I am offended, see what you started? Dammit!

·
Registered
133 Posts
iKAYAK: no need for apologies I too though it was funny, some people are way too serious and show their true colors as much as they claim you did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Caspian-I thought it was pretty damn entertaining as well, who cares if bshack93 has no sense of humor?
bshack93-sorry sweetie, I think you proved yourself the ass here.
And the park does kinda suck.;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Am I by myself when I say a park not fed by means of a controlled release is dumb? I mean, I think it's great Avon is giving a park a shot, but it's only decent in like May, June...period. You know, when other creeks and rivers are getting run in there short two month runoff period.

I don't get it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for any offenses. I know the guys who buillt it are trying and they dont need negative critiicism, just constructive criticism.. No intentions of offendinganyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ikayak: no offense taken, hell, I live here and constantly rip on the posers i see, I think I just didn't find your post even slightly witty. Reread chunder's posts about living with Simon LeBon, that shizz still makes me laugh. Stop the Sandbar any wednesday night and you'll shake your head at the sheer amount of zeros that live around here, myself included. Just trying to point out how every kayaker i talk to in the valley expresses strong sentiment about how poor the avon ww park turned out, there isn't a single playable feature at any level. The worst thing (and this has nothing to do with the designer ( though i yearn for the Gary Lacy built playparks of the frontrange, they all work somewhat)) is that there is absolutely no access. A few peeps have even suggested to me that it might establish a bad precedent that other municipalities might not build a park citing the complete lack of use of the park in Avon. That would be the last thing any of us would want, even if you despise this area. Hopefully, this fall we'll see ALL the drops completely reworked.If that becomes the case I'll be the first to post about how sick the reworked park is.

SYOTR

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey slightly OT but relevant - are you guys seeing a picture in my post? Because I'm on a different computer than usual and using Explorer instead of Firefox and the picture I posted is not showing up here. Can anyone see it?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wouldn't say it sucks, more of a blow, but I am looking forward to adjustments.

But I am coming from back east where they freak out if you talk about moving a rock in a river. In my state, Massasuckachusetts, I think there is a $10,000 fine on the books for moving rocks in a riverbed (don't worry about the thousands of pounds of heavy metals behind all our useless dams from making all those cowboy boots back in the 1800s). So any park is pretty cool.

The upper wave seems a little trashy, not that I rode it much, but after watching the teva comps (non pro), this was clear.

I watched many good playboaters (better than me) get blown out constantly on the lower wave and give up, but I was surfing the fuck out of it in my creaker and it was actually quite friendly. It seemed like at every different flow there was a different series of moves to get on the wave.

I still liked Salida better, but I will take what I can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts