Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else is as tired of this go-pro craze as I am or am I just a grumpy bastard.

Seems to me that every gaper & wanna be filmmaker is toting these things around this season.

Feel free to rant...

·
Banned
22 Posts
Just becasue you are not skilled enough to ski the shit, and no one would wanna watch your lame ass turns, doesnt mean that the rest of us who know how to shred the gnar shouldnt wear them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
They're the sophisticated version of 'hold my beer and watch this'

I am sure the ER industry loves them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you look at professionally done video with helmet cam stuff, you'll see that the footage only compromise a small percentage of the overall film. I'm not against them, but I would definitely say that a whole video of them blows. I'm not much of a video person myself, but if I do start to go down that road, I'd probably buy a couple of high end hand held cameras before I bought a Go-Pro. Then, I'd go with the GP just for effect.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just becasue you are not skilled enough to ski the shit, and no one would wanna watch your lame ass turns, doesnt mean that the rest of us who know how to shred the gnar shouldnt wear them.
Guessing you have one. Curious as to how you have it mounted to enable you to film your turns and still be able to see where you're going.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wearing a Go Pro at the resort = ridiculous. Nobody wants to see shaking, grainy footage of your turns down any run at a resort...except for maybe your mom and your senile Grandpa Retus.

And outside the resort it still takes serious setup skill, perfect lighting, and a second camera for perspective to make it worth watching. Go Pro Go Home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most of the time they are on helmets, so I like to give it a good pole wacking and see if it stays on. Ever hear the sound of turtles f***ing?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Me and my gopro are so much better than all of you! And by the way I'm the best boater on this site sporting the gopro and dropping The GNAR!

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,235 Posts
I wore mine to bed last night but the wife won't let me post the vid.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts