Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jonesing to paddle something this weekend and may be up by Vail. I think I have ran this as low 275 cfs down through Avon? Can someone who knows confirm the low end flow of this run for me?

I think we are all going to be re-examining the low side of runs this year.:confused:

Thanks,

·
Registered
28 Posts
A few buddies and I boated Dowd around 250 last week. I think that is your best bet. Put in somewhere on the lower section of Minturn S-turns and then start lapping Dowd (take out at Kayak Crossing). There is enough water to get down to Avon but I'm almost sure you would have to get out at both diversion dams. I wouldn't float to Avon. After you lap Dowd a few times you can get a little play at the Bob Bridge features. Again, not much water but I heard the upper hole was serving cartwheels and the third wave is a little front surfer/spinner. Hope this helps! Have fun.

Christian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Under 300 is not worth the drive. It's barely worth the drive from Avon. But since you are jonesing pretty bad you could come up and run dowd a couple times and then head to shoshone where there is a least decent water. Last time I drove by barrel was running very low which would be fun for you guys. Barrel at super low is no harder then slaughterhouse at the level we ran it. Disclaimer: Since all the water went down barrel might not have any water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts