Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I am going to be in the Taos region of the Rio Grande around June 8th through the 13th (give or take a day or two). I had a few questions:

1) anyone out there interested in getting together on a run (class 2 through class 4)? I was thinking of things like the lower Taos box, racecourse, Chavez canyon part of the lower Chama (non-permitted part).

2) Are there any usergroups for northern new mexico paddling where I might make contact with some folks?

3) How do run like the lower Taos box and racecourse at lower flows compare to a run like the Poudre Bridges & Pine view at lower flows? They are both listed at class III to class IV. Would the skill set be comparable? Pine view and Browns canyon on the Arkansas are at the top end of my comfort level.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

So i am still hoping to find some NM boaters (i am a kayaker). Anyone know where I could meet up with anyone?

I read yesterday that lower box at lower flows is still pretty difficult so I might be more interested running the racecourse or the non permitted section of the chama.

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll be boating this weekend, likely on the racecourse, but I am not sure when exactly. PM me your info, and I'll let you know. Looks like everything peaked this week, but flows on the rio should be 900ish for the weekend, which is super fun. Chama is fun, but it probably won't go over 400...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.