Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am an abject beginner - took a 3-day pool lesson with BOC in boulder and got hooked - bought my own boat - a used Pyranha In-a-zone that hasn't seen the river water yet.

I've never been to a river or have no paddling experience of any kind, whatsoever. But I am super-enthu to get on to a river and see what happens... ( will probably get my ass kicked... but thats the only way i'll get started)

I'll appreciate if someone is willing to run a river ... something fairly simple ... 2 - 2.5 ... on one of the days to come... (weekend is certainly preferrable).

Thanks in advance for responding.

-Inderpreet (or Indy)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I am in rehab (surgical not alcohol) right now and will start paddling in a month. When I start paddling I am planning on taking some beginners down Deckers when they start releasing. If you are interested send me an email and I will hit you up when I am cleared to go.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey bud,

Shoot me a message of what your digits are and I'd certainly take you for a run some weekend. May I suggest, even though the water is super-low, that you check out the Golden playpark? It's a great place to learn ferries and to get your roll down in current.

·
Registered
245 Posts
boulder creek is low, but that can be a boon when starting out! I'm headed to lyons this evening, even this low it can be fun if you're not a rockstar...

good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should check out the Colorado Whitewater Association website. They are a membership organization that provides free organized cruises to its members. The trips are led by volunteers and vary between different river and abilities. Look at www.coloradowhitewater.org and look under "cruises".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts