Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market for a dry suit for a while and I saw the interest is having a pretty nice sale on their dry suits right now. Does anybody have any experience with the explorer model with the neoprene gasket? this would be for rafting not kayaking. Thanks buzzards!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. I used the explorer for raft guiding and swiftwater rescue training. I can't say it leaked on me at all. Very comfortable gaskets. I liked it. It might seep if you're in the water constantly but I'd give it a thumbs up for rafting canyoneering and SUP.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Highly recommend. I choose it 99% of the time over a latex suit. The neoprene gasket is super comfy and works much better than the drawstring style on the semi-dry kotatats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've worn mine on the Grand, a couple Middle forks, Lodore and Swift water rescue course, I'm very happy with it. The neoprene neck gasket isn't as water tight as latex but far more comfortable. It's holding up well, keep the zippers out of the sand and lubed up. I think it's a great dry suit for rafting maybe not for kayaking...The rear shoulder zipper can be challenging for those of us who aren't keeping up on the yoga.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts