Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll be in Pucon on January 17th, and I'll be on the Futa around the 26th... how long are you staying?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll be on the Palguin, Trancura, Fuy, and the Futa... maybe more! There are about 10 of us traveling together, so we'll have to see what we all feel like doing. We're only going to be on the Futa for about 3 days. It should be a blast!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool when you get to futa ask for Mary and Brian We live in the escalas valley about 20min outside town. you could probably camp at the house for a day or two we live river right below inferno canyon...

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Brian, we may join you yet. The free Grand Canyon trip is too appealing to pass up right now though.... enjoy the veggies!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do you know if the ferry from Puerto Montt to Chaiten is open or do you have to drive through Argentina via Bariloche? I'm trying to plan my portion of the trip, but I just don't have all the right info. Also, we are getting rid of the creekers after the Fuy. What is the best/cheapest place to rent decent playboats for the Futa?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Aren and Sarah have plenty of boats. They are in the Azul Valley just above the Terminator section. RXRivers.com. They have around 20 boats. Cabanas/platforms, hot showers/hot tub. awesome!! Really great centrally located place to paddle the whole Futa.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I live in Pucon & work there my Chile number is 7-8041583 hit m up when you guys gt there will love to run the shit

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Aren and Sarah have plenty of boats. They are in the Azul Valley just above the Terminator section. RXRivers.com. They have around 20 boats. Cabanas/platforms, hot showers/hot tub. awesome!! Really great centrally located place to paddle the whole Futa.
2x.. The next time I go down rxrivers is where I am going to rent a playboat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah dude aaron and sarah have a sweet spot where i believe you can pay to camp plus rental boats... you'd have to contact them for more info rxrivers.com I think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to chile in december to surf and hang out with some friends for a bit, then was interested in paddling around pucon and the futa. I was wondering what the best option is for getting a boat down there (buy or rent), I am bringing boards so not going to hassle with a boat. any info would help, thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was going to work there for the season though that looks less likely now. May still get a trip in for January for 2 or 3 weeks.

Does anyone remember what days of the week the bus system lines up for 24hrs of non-stop buses from Santiago to Futa? I forget, but perhaps Monday or Friday?

Extremely difficult to buy a boat there since all the locals are gobbling them up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
busses

I was there last February and took an overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche. They seemed to be leaving daily. Pay the extra $ for a sleeper, it is way worth it. You then need to get a bus from Bariloche to Esquil, they are also daily. Esquil to Futa buses are the ones that are not daily. Not sure of that schedule. have a blast...

I was going to work there for the season though that looks less likely now. May still get a trip in for January for 2 or 3 weeks.

Does anyone remember what days of the week the bus system lines up for 24hrs of non-stop buses from Santiago to Futa? I forget, but perhaps Monday or Friday?

Extremely difficult to buy a boat there since all the locals are gobbling them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts