Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an earlier post that CRC2 is nearly sold out with no new printings planned.

CRC1 & CRC2 are just great. They are so complete and have helped so many people enjoy the sport and achieve bliss, that the term bible is apt. If there was a Nobel Prize in kayaking, the authors should win it. When I travel to other places and get the local guide books, I'm always disappointed--CRC2 is by far the best.

It is a little presumptious for us to make suggestions for improving CRC2. I feel like I'm telling Jesus how to improve his book.

There is also a question of whether the book is still relevent with so much information on the internet. But, the information on the internet just isn't as good. I still find myself going to CRC2 a lot.

So, in the interest of motivating/suggesting to the authors to create a CRC3 and do another printing, what suggestions do you have for what a new edition could add?

Two suggestions that I can come up with are:
1) More information on the play parks and road accessible park & play spots. Perhaps make this a separate section.
2) More information on how the runs change with different flows.

·
Registered
499 Posts
A few glaring holes in the current version are...

11 Mile Canyon on the South Platte

West Fork Clear Creek

Lime Creek 2nd Gorge, updated beta.

"Treasure Canyon"

It would be nice but I suspect many years pass before we get a CRC3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Recommended flows..... What is considered "ideal" and what turns into a rollar coaster ride!!! CRC's have been a major contribution to the Colorado boating community. Keep up the Great work!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Take out any creeks that trespassing is required to run it (ie. cebolla).

Dumb down the class system.
Don't call something class 3 just because Gordon and Dave's skills got better.

Never say a run is boring. (ie. hecla-stone bridge) There is plenty of fun to have even on the flat water. Remember: you could be stuck in traffic.

The best would be to put it on the net so Joe Shmo can add to it as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts