Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent been up to the high country for a bit, does any one know if there is still snow on Loveland pass? Any areas that still might be ski-able? I am jonesin for some turns and dont know where to find them, does anyone else get that way in the summer?
Let me know
Tyler

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
There are shots up in them thar hills that will be good until the snow flies again. Its just a matter of getting up to them early enough in the day that the snow is good. In the afternoon it turns to unstable, dangerous glop.

For anyone else intersted in snowpack data, here's where you can find out what snowpack did and when it melted out (abotu a month early all around)

http://www.co.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/data/basins.html

-Andy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Snow

There's a chute near anderson lake south of town site independence east of aspen i want to try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is still snow above Crested butte. Not sure the skiing is any good but it is there.

I have no idea of its potential, but from the town of Gunnison, you can see Henry mountain above Taylor park. It has a huge stripe of snow running right down the middle. If someone could make figure elevens down the 2-3000 foot chute...... that would be sick.

Any takers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts