Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get an email from MT with good news? Lottery was yesterday and they should be emailing the winners soon. Nothing here (yet...).

Unlike the 4 rivers they don鈥檛 bother emailing losers.馃槕

Registered
Maravia Zephyr (Lime) Aire River Couch (Also Lime)
Anybody get an email from MT with good news? Lottery was yesterday and they should be emailing the winners soon. Nothing here (yet...).

Unlike the 4 rivers they don鈥檛 bother emailing losers.馃槕
You can check your results at MyFWP :: Lookup Draw Results. I didn't have any luck on my first choice but but wife and I both drew second choice permits for September. It will be a coin toss whether there will be enough water then.

Registered
None for me either! Hope someone wants to bring me along! I come with raft, groover, table, kitchen, good times...

Registered
The odds this year were greatly lessened with the 2020 permit holders being honored for all the right reasons. Its a paid lottery and must pay out so they deserved to go. But I am still a bit bummed that our group didnt even catch a shoulder season chance. 4 rivers was a bust too. We are gonna go for a MFS/Main long haul in May. Should be epic none the less chasing the brown claw!

Lets pour a drink out for the poor lady who answers the phone for cancellations. I'm gonna send her flowers every week and hope it butters her up!

Registered
Is there usually enough water around 7/30?
You can look at historic flows by date at the USGS site. Punch in July 1-31, 2020 for example and it will give you the actual flows on each day in July last year, along with the median daily flow for the last 24 years.

But the answer to your question is no. By late July the river is historically running barely more than 100 cfs at the station below Eagle Creek. Well below 200 cfs at Eden. A lot of water going to irrigation in late July.

The USGS tools are here:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts