Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be coming back to the Front Range in a few weeks and am looking for an OC-1 boat and instruction. Any volunteers or recomendation? Tried my buddies C1 at the pool and didn't like the suicide straps. I'm a dumb-rubber head and am looking to get in a hard boat that I feel comfortable in.

Gabe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sup man,

OC and Cboater here. There is a small krew of us that run together. PM me and we'll be in touch. Just replied to your cboats.net post.

Justin

·
Registered
661 Posts
I paddle a Dagger Caption with a tripple saddle and am always looking for skiled tandem partners for the Poudre. If you're up for paddling tandem, send me a pm.

It was a lot easier to find people who wanted to canoe back east...so I'm glad to know there are a few of us out here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm actually trying to learn. I've done some tandem, but am new at the whole solo concept. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get started? I have all the necessary gear (including boat), but am currently just following kayakers down the river, trying to figure things out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would contact the RockyMountain Canoe Club. They do instruction of all kinds. I took a private lesson with Bob Stecker and I learned alot. Their site is: rockymountaincanoeclub.org. I too am a beginner OC 1 boater and my husband wants to learn to paddle too. I have 3 oc1s, so if you would like to meet maybe you could paddle one of my boats. (I can only carry 2 boats though on my car) I have a Dagger Ovation, an Ocoee and a Mohawk Rodeo. (Yes, I know the Ocoee and Rodeo ae not beginner boats, but that is what I have.) Each boat is fully outfitted with pedestals and thigh straps. Maybe We could meet up with some of you. I would also like to meet more women open boaters so bring your wives/girlfriends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OC-1ers,
I too am newer to open boating. Wondering if anyone is going to be up on the Ark for FIBARK? My friend and I are going to paddle from Hecla to Stone bridge on thursday and friday. Anyone want to meet up? If not, can meet anytime during the week too. Thanks
bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts