Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if any paddler out their might have some information on the Creek Boating circuit or tour a few people from Colorado were working on I think a few months ago. Any new developments on the Creek Tour? 8)
thanks,
Brad Sutton :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Brad,

There are several events scheduled, not sure of a tour yet. Dagger is sponsoring the Homestake, Gore Canyon, and Lyons creek races this summer and have plans to crown an overall champion of the three. Other events in Colorado are OBJ, Clear Creek of the Ark (I think Marty was working on it). Im sure there are a few others. Im sure someone will chime in.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I know that there is talk of this. Basic idea is just keeping track of placements at all of the events and crowning a champion. If you're trying to schedule, I'd just plan on hitting all of the major freestyle events. Most of the races will be nearby.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yo Brad...

Hey it's Marty.

As Hobie mentioned, there are the ones he mentioned that Dagger is sponsoring for sure. In addition OBJ is usually done by Brent Toepper (Pyranha rep), and I was going to try to pull together a Clear Creek of the Ark race around CKS's Paddlefest, but am having trouble finding assistance pull that together.

Lyons has a really serious creek race that you are going to love... Ask Clay about it, but it's on the South St Vrain. Very continous V+, all roadside (great for spectators) and is followed up with a freestyle comp at the Lyons WW park. It's been way upgraded over the past two years and looks great.

Homestake is always the bomb at Teva and Gore is a brutal, fairly long stroke through beefy IV+, V- ish type of fairly big water (It's not a creek, but creeky lines).

We'll see you soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts