Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that in a few days they are dropping the blue down to 250cfs. any word on that?? anybody know if the upper is do-able at that low flow??

·
Registered
65 Posts
i heard that in a few days they are dropping the blue down to 250cfs. any word on that?? anybody know if the upper is do-able at that low flow??
I herd that rumor as well (your talking bout upper right?), hopefully Kara will let us know.

It is runnable at 250, i've even done it lower, but not really worth it especially when there are so many other rivers going off right now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
One thing to remember about the Blue is there are several good sized tributaries below the dam that are pumping a fair amount of water into the river. I don't know if they are trying to fill the lake now or not, but depending on how much they send out the Roberts Tunnel with all the snow still sitting above the reservoir, I'll bet there will be a good spill and the Blue will have a second peak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mikes right. it probably will flow again, maybe in late summer/early fall.

but if they up the flow outa roberts, be sure to hit up foxton. great run...scenery, action, all road-side...well worth the drive. Its already goin off, although id love to hit it up real high, maybe 1500?

Whats the highest anyones seen/run it? USGS says max in 2006 at 738, its 799 right now and ive herd thats rare.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Highest I've done Foxton is 850. I think it's best at 650; higher and the holes wash and lower gets bony. Although the boulder garden gets better with more water. I read that there is an agreement to keep flows at Grant below a certain level (700?) so anything really high would have to be natural flow and probably rain and low elevation snow assisted.

·
V for Victory
329 Posts
Dillon release was cut in half to 250-300.
Therefor Green Mtn was cut as well and is at 300-400 range.

Awww...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Green Mountain releases dropped

Dillon release was cut in half to 250-300.
Therefor Green Mtn was cut as well and is at 300-400 range.

Awww...
Yup, that's correct. We cut releases back in four separate intervals yesterday. We are now releasing about 350 cfs from the Dam to the Lower Blue. Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday! It's been busy!

The hot-then-cool weather has changed all of the projections for run-off. It has not produced a peak like we usually see. I'll do better posting the next time we change operations!

Best,
Kara

1 - 7 of 7 Posts