Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking the Mountain Shop website and it looked like they no longer have Kayak instruction. Being a hillybilly, from no waterville I was looking forward to dropping by and getting a guided run. Anybody know if the guys who were working at the Mountain Shop are still in bus. or anybody else in town do private instruction??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that Rocky Mountain Adventures (RMA) does kayak classes and instruction. I don't know exactly what they entail, but I do know that you can take a roll class, or even a class on the river with them. They are located in North Fort Collins. I would also check out the other rafting companies like Wanderlust and theres another but I can't think of it now.

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
Stick with Evan

I'd go with Evan. RMA isn't structured what-so-ever... and classes are extremely over priced for the level/care of instruction that is given.

I'm also an ACA certified instructor if you are interested in a lower cost alternative to the major instructional services in Colorado. I'll be in Fort Collins throughout the summer.

Best of luck!

-Mike Konschnik
www.DirtyDozenCrew.Blogspot.com
Mountain Khakis - Built for the Mountain Life
240-638-6667
[email protected]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Briank is the new owner of Poudre River Kayaks and will be running out of the mountain shop this summer. Send him a message on here and I am sure he will be glad to give you a guided trip.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Private instruction is hands down the best way to go. Both Evan and Mike are good paddlers with patience to make sure you get the most out of your time and money.

I used to be a licensed instructor but I have not taken a refresher course in quite a few years.

PS. How new are you to the sport?

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts