Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know last year was big and nice. what about the stuff that didn't turn out necessarily as planned, any modifications this spring. just curious.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is all grape-vine stuff, but I heard that as many as three drops will get some work done. With some luck, the drop upstream from the Washington Street bridge will get constricted and steepened. The drop just downstream from the same bridge – aka Bingo – may get some permanent structures that resemble what we built last year with rocks. As for the third, my guess would be one of the other new drops. The library hole looked a little washed on river left, but what do I know. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The library hole was really sweet, even at low water, but got washed out and now it is worthless in my opinion. I don't know what it would take to get it back to its previous shape and keep it that way, but I think it has potential to be one of the best features in the park if fixed.

Jennifer

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was at a meeting with Gary Lacy and Charlie Fagan (from the city of Golden) and they were discussing fixing the three drops that spencer mentioned (Library, upstream of Wash. and Bingo). However, I have no idea what the time line is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Golden

The info Spencer has said is correct. The bingo hole will get tweaked with some permament features like we built last year and other stuff. The hole up from there will get re worked and the library hole will get fixed. Time line is some time this spring. More likely March or April.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It would be nice to see the first new drop behind the ball fields reworked. It never really amounted to anything worth hanging around for. The others are at least useable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Golden

I agree wholeheartedly with earthNRG - that's one of the largest drops but wasn't much fun last year at any level.

Thank you to all the people that have improved and continue to improve the park. You all do good work. It is much appreciated.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea, the park was great last year. It's exciting to know it may be even better next year.

The park was a major reason I bought a play boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts