Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Awfully expensive for how quickly Catwoman's is chewing through tires.

Maybe she got a bent axle?

Otherwise it's a sweet set up, though maybe a bit heavy with the steel sidewalls.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has Catwoman had a bad experience with the tires or the bearings? And, do you happen to know if she is using harbor freight replacement tires, or a higher quality tire?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased one in 2006 and its been great. I have towed it all around CO and several trip to Idaho. I have a Willy 1.5. It hangs over the side edge a bit but never been a real problem and have always towed it inflated. Trailer tracks great at high speeds and robust enough for dirt roads.

A few suggestions if you purchase. Make sure the brake light holders are welded all the way across and not tack welded in just corners. One of mine popped off after 3 years on a dirt road. Take a metal file to any sharp corners. Lastly, as with an trailer maintain and grease your bearings. I didn't do this for the first 6 years and its was costly to replace.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I haven't used their trailer, but Mark and Judy set me up with a complete raft outfit in 2006 and have provided excellent customer service and support since then. One of the great things about AAA is that they make just about all of their stuff in house. If something needs to be customized (or re-welded or adjusted) Mark takes care of it himself and will probably give you a beer while you wait. I have only the best things to say about their outfit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts