Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the hype is real? I currently own a large Antix 1. I love the boat, but I've never been very comfortable in it with the low knee position. Jackson claims they fixed that...which is a BIG deal for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious if the hype is real? I currently own a large Antix 1. I love the boat, but I've never been very comfortable in it with the low knee position. Jackson claims they fixed that...which is a BIG deal for me.

Thanks!
i have both the small and medium 2.0 antix. I as well, wanted/needed more knee height. I loved my medium antix 1.0 but the low knee position bothered my bad leg. The small offers about the same knee height as my older medium and is more playful. The medium definitely has more knee height and feels much bigger then the older medium. I thought about selling the small but think I will keep both for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have both the small and medium 2.0 antix. I as well, wanted/needed more knee height. I loved my medium antix 1.0 but the low knee position bothered my bad leg. The small offers about the same knee height as my older medium and is more playful. The medium definitely has more knee height and feels much bigger then the older medium. I thought about selling the small but think I will keep both for now.
Sounds like we were in the same situation. I've got a bum ankle from breaking it a year or so ago. I went ahead and purchased an Antix 2.0 Large to replace my Antix 1.0 large. I couldn't be happier. I think it's probably the most comfortable boat I've paddled. The knees are just right, and my feet aren't twisted in a way that bothered my ankle as well. I've paddled it for a few hours at a time with no discomfort whatsoever.

I would recommend this boat to anyone looking for a half-slice. It's amazing!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
High knee position and not twisting my ankle!?! OK, you have my attention!

Any super tall paddlers out there in the 2.0 large? I'm 6'-5 205# with size 14's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High knee position and not twisting my ankle!?! OK, you have my attention!

Any super tall paddlers out there in the 2.0 large? I'm 6'-5 205# with size 14's.
I’m tall...but not super tall. I’m 6’3” with a 34” inseam and size 12 booties if I’m wearing a drysuit. I’m comfortable in the center position on the seat...as well as one back from center. I cut the foam foot blocks to 1.5” (the blocks are 3” from the factory). Your size 14 feet will still probably feel a little crammed, but you could probably cut a heel notch in the front pillar if you needed to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve never been in a SuperFun. I’ve got a Nirvana L...which I think the knees are a bit weird in it as well. I messaged Alec Voorhees through Facebook...he was able to answer a ton of questions about the A2 for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts