Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the booty beer play into rafts / duckies?

I think the DGO boys made me take 1 some years ago after I fell out the back of the raft in Smelter.

Should this be enforced in the case of a flip? a swim? Wrap? Guide's fault only? What do you think?

It may be harder to do out of a pair of wet shoes, but most rubber head also have a pair of booties, so that's not an excuse.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Golden Rule:

Raft Guide swims = Case of beer for other guides or friends if its a private trip

Case of beer can be substituted for handle of liquor and mixers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Rubbers are for sailors. Skin on skin or don't it go in, thats how I roll.

Always drink your booty, no excuses. I won't boat with people that don't drink bootys, it's just dangerous!

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
I really don't understand this booty beer thing at all.

When I guided, if you swam you had to buy a case for the crew. If someone collects your paddle and or boat that was worth at least a six of good beer or a bottle of whiskey. On top of the other.

That way everyone got drunk instead of watching one person slurp.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah when i was a guide on the Ark we had to buy beer for the boathouse. we had a pretty long list of events and quantities those events elicited. single custy swim= 6 pack, dumptruck = 12 pack, guide out= case, etc. in the end it all balanced out as you would get bigger tips with bigger flips but it would all go to the boathouse anyway which makes everyone happy.

booty beer is only for yakers as no self respecting guide would ever where booties. that would be like showing up for your trip in a custy PFD and farmerjohn.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I like big booties and I cannot lie....

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Kayakers drink booty beers for swimming.

Rafters buy beer for anyone who picks up their swimmers and buy beer for fellow guides when they swim.

River boarders drink Mike's Hard Lemonade from rubber shorts. Sorry Brendo, I couldn't help myself....

·
Registered
172 Posts
target practice

Grif throws pbr's at his swimmer until they whistle

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a self respecting rafter and bodyboarder, I do wear booties on occasion as the water is F'n cold here in the RFV. I have not guided a commercial raft in 7 or so years (Watermelon Adventures in DGO- yeah Bubba). As a bodyboarder, I am mostly into the surf aspect, but ocasionally do run down river... that said, I a full time swimmer. I don't think this counts for booty beers.

As a private guide for my friends, Most would be appaled at the idea of a booty beer (some not so much). When rafting with some kayak friends, the idea is accepted as the norm and I pay dues where they are required (but not habitat fees). I end up picking up more commercial passangers than vise versa. Never got a beer for the help either.

Randy, You ever tried Mikes Hard Orange as hair of the dog. Drinks like gatorade, kicks like bloody marry.

Dave, Wearing chaco's is not as excuse as I posted before... I know you have Custy booties that you could use...LOL

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Randy, You ever tried Mikes Hard Orange as hair of the dog. Drinks like gatorade, kicks like bloody marry.
I drink Wild Turkey in the morning like it's Gatorade. That does sound tasty though, like that orange drink McDonald's has.... I'll tell my ladyfriend...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts