Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Animas Whitewater Park Maintenance Project is underway!

Thanks to a benefit party held in October, Durango Whitewater raised enough money, along with a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers, to spend this week rebuilding features that had been blown out by high water. Thank you to everyone that attended the benefit that made this possible.

Check out www.4CornersKayak.com for more on the project or check out the Durango Herald article here.

The "new" Smelter Rapid

·
Registered
648 Posts
Are they going to grout any of this in? It would seem to me that unless you grout it in, you're going to have to rebuild it after every high-water year. Though that won't be a problem next summer as your problem will be any water at all.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Are they going to grout any of this in? It would seem to me that unless you grout it in, you're going to have to rebuild it after every high-water year. Though that won't be a problem next summer as your problem will be any water at all.
Mike-

The grouting is going to come in a couple years once the city has the money. That will be a much more involved project. I have a copy of the blueprints, it looks sweet!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i walked by today and the work looks good! just don't mess with my flat spinning hole! a very preliminary plan for scott's work is supposed to be on the army corp of engineers website, haven't gotten there myself yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts