Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get some feedback from fellow boaters on what they'd like to see at the 2006 Animas River Days Festival. The event is in dire need of retooling.

The standard stock events would be:

Slalom Events

Women - K-1W
Men - K-1

Freestyle Rodeo

Men's Pro
Women's Pro
Men's Expert
Women's Expert
Men's Novice
Women's Novice
Junior Boys (under 12, never competed pro)
Junior Girls (under 12, never competed pro)

Coed Freestyle Rodeo - Team Event (2 Women & 2 Men make a team)

Swiftwater Rescue Rodeo - Team event

This would pit teams of 5 against each other in a two-phased event.

Phase 1: Rescuing an empty beer keg (timed event + you cannot lose the keg)

Phase 2: Raft Flip and Rescue - 3 members of the team flip the raft, one becomes a victim, the two remaining have to right the raft, the two on shore have to rescue the floater and assist the raft members to shore (timed event, with merit awarded for teamwork)

More Music (bands) with an actual stage setup

Better family atmosphere (kid's stuff for those of us with kidlets)

Better parking
more Bob's John's
more food vendors
more manufacturers showing up
better advertising for the event

One thing I want to try (with the blessing of my company) is running 8 camera feeds on wireless to two large screen monitors under the pavilion using our secret software project (laugh)....so we can display the events two quad split screens

Any ideas, no matter how different would be appreciated (keep them clean, no naked dancing stuff... )

·
Registered
374 Posts
Boatercross.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<rolling on my butt here laughing>

Dana, maybe that should be the prize...a full keg from Steamworks or they fill it after you save it

·
Registered
159 Posts
Boatercross as was said, A Retro Rodeo you know knock the dust off all those Dancers out there - one run best moves win, A down river race from the far end of town to the take out before the playpark or you subtract 30seconds for each of the holes they go thru.

I went to my first Anidays last year and it was ok but nothing like Fibark was going to give it a try again this year and found out it wasnt being held after we made hotel res. wasn't real happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts