Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just looked at the gauges on the animas, and am i to see that there is 8000 cfs puring through there....? anybody have pictures of this madness, maybe from the train?

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
smelter is flushed
just a wave train all the way around the corner
sawmill is happening

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the upper animas look like? or the boxes?

·
Registered
123 Posts
We ran the upper yesterday and it was pretty amazing. The boogie water was big wave trains filled with large holes which kept you on your toes. Garfield was read and run with a couple of fatties. Couple lead in holes to No Name but the one at the end on the left was a mandatory swim if you didn't make the line on the right. Broken bridge had a monster in the middle with a couple others mixed in but Rockwood was the juice. Mandatory was a hole that pushed through. Alot of rowdy eddy lines and boils but the bigger holes were at the end before the takeout. Everything went good which was important since the takeout eddy wasn't huge and the water going by it was FAST. Did Silverton to takeout in about 4.5 hrs with breaks. Definitley worth going in if you are feeling on your game.
If so, have fun and heads up as you may get a little lost in those big old waves.
WCS

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks for the beta Warren. Anyone else have any Beta on the Upper A at these levels (3k at Silverton, 8k at Durango)? I'd hate to pass this one up if it's good to go :D .

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Someone down there's got to know. Or are ya'll just sitting in the hotsprings waiting for the levels to drop? Jarod? Ward? Bueller?

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fr the report, warren. did you manage to take any pictures? if you did and dont mind, could you email a couple my way to [email protected]? im really curious to see what tat run looks like at this level

·
Registered
123 Posts
Waiting to get pics from one of the other paddlers and I will drop you a couple. Worth the drive if you have the time. The run till Tacoma will give you an idea if you are in the mood for the box at this level.
W

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Warren, how would you characterize the run at this level? Was it a big flush? or were there house size holes around every corner?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Won't say it is a flush. You had to be heads up b/c there were some fatties and alot that just wouldn't be great to visit. Read and run for the most part but definitely a chance of falling into a thrashing. Scout No Name and Broken Bridge at least as the both had a few big holes and one in each that you wouldn't send an enemy into. Just be heads up at the bottom of Rockwood. Pushy water up top but the holes at the last couple rapids could f*#k up your whole day. With the mandatory takeout right there you don't need a screw up.
Completely worth the time though.
Non stop fun.
W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts