1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For More information check out:
http://caliproduct.blogspot.com/2007...challenge.html

Here's how it works:

Cataract Canyon is a 95 Mile section of the Colorado River between Potash and Lake Powell (Hite Marina). I'm betting that I'll be able to do this section in under 20 Hours. On the 24th of July I plan to leave Potash at 3am and arrive at Hite before 11pm.

Here's the deal:

If I don't make it in time I'll donated $10 in your name to American Whitewater.

If I make it within the allotted time then you have to donate $10 to American Whitewater.

Reasons why you should play along.

1. Either way American Whitewater will benefit. Thus we all benefit.
2. I've never done this section so I honestly have no idea if this is possible or not.
3. If I don't make it you effortlessly donate money to AW and it costs you nothing.
4. The longest distance I've ever paddled in 1 Day is about 45 miles or so...this would be over twice that.

$10 Donation Commitments Thus Far:

1. Tiff Simpson
2. Joe Carroll
3. Dave Kloberdanz
4. Conor Ross
5. Paul Gamache (I'm even betting I won't be able to do it.)
6. Robbie Ringer
7. Drew Oldfield
8. Ryan Hastreiter

Total so far: $80

If you would like to be added to the list and commit to donating $10 in the event I am successful please email me at [email protected]

Please include your full name and a phone number or contact.

If I am able to complete the challenge you will obligated to donated $10 to American Whitewater.

Directions on Donating:
Click the link below-
American Whitewater Challenge
You'll have to select the $1 bubble.
Next add something in the comment like "AW Cataract Bet" or something so we can see how much total money has been donated from this challenge.
Click the Agree Box.
After that click on the quantity button and change the amount to 10.
Click Add to Cart
After that click checkout and follow the instructions. You may need to create an American Whitewater account if you have never done so.

Thanks for helping out.

Paul Gamache

·
Registered
132 Posts
Damn Paul, you better start training! I got on your list today, and as the total rises I'm begining to hope you make it for your sake! This was a great idea, thanks from a member of the community.
Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn Paul, you better start training! I got on your list today, and as the total rises I'm begining to hope you make it for your sake! This was a great idea, thanks from a member of the community.
Tim
Yeah that's probably a good idea...up to $550 and counting. Wonder if AW takes installment payments...haha, thanks again.

Paul

www.caliproduct.blogspot.com

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
I'm sure I could manage $10 worth of support for such a great cause. Count me in.

-Bryan

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Paul,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be away when you paddle the canyon. I will be at First Descents camp. But I am good for the donation it may just be a few days late. Good luck! I hope I have to pay!
-Bryan
PS-is that you in the photo above from FIBArk? Or is there another Paul Gamache?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Alright there hotshot, I've been through there once, with a jet-boat from Potash to Spanish Bottom, and I wouldn't want any kind of time restrictions on that flat-ass stretch, not to mention the float-out where we barged up and outboarded our way down booze cruz style...
Count me in, I'm rootin' for ya, but bettin' against ya!!
Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha, I'll be in a Pyranha Speeder. It's kind of a whitewater race kayak...I would do it in a creek boat but that would be miserable...well more so.

Have fun,

Thanks again for the support.

Yeah Brian that's me, when you get a chance could you email me that pic?

Paul

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm in (I just emailed) just so that my wife will have a story to tell her guests. She's guiding an all-women's trip down Cat next week. You'll probably pass them by in the early morning dusk. 30 women giving massages and doing yoga. Just something to think about as your arms start to get heavy down there below the rapids. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts