Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few buddies are thinking of hitting it tonight. None of us have ever done the run. CRC 2 makes it sound like a fun roller coaster playrun at higher flows. The previous post however makes it sound a little more serious and creekish. Any advice is aprreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
alto alto

we ran it last week around 345cfs. It does have a creekish feel in a few sections, but i ran it in my s6. if it gets really big (500cfs+) you might want a crek boat becasue i bet some of the holes would be river wide and sticky! also if it is lower than 300ish you might do a bit of rock bashing. there wasn't a ton of play at 345, mainly because it seems a bit shallow to roll, but this was really fun to run.
beaner

·
Registered
114 Posts
not a lot of play at any level on this one. and, yes, there are a couple of very sticky holes at the RR tunnel at higher levels. bring your playboat if you are looking for an added challenge, not play.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ditto to matobs last sentence. It's enjoyable in a playboat for sure & there are a couple of descent surf waves, but the creeker always has been my choice up there. The crux isn't too bad in a playboat, but some of the holes there (I speak from humbling experience), should you end up in them, could be fun getting out of in a playboat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts