Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Alto Alto looks like fun in the CRC. Can anyone give me some info?

Is a creek boat necessary for this stuff? It sounds like a bunch of pour overs and eddie hopping. Nothing too big.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good

Its been sitting around 250-300 for awhile.

Sounds like a good after work run. Thanks for the info.

Wahoo!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You will definately be fine with your playboat on Alto right now. Its at a fun level but is definately boney at spots. I ran it Saturday and had a blast (even though one of my buddies swam and his boat floated for almost 2 miles before it got stuck). If you are going to head up there this week sometime and wouldnt mind another paddler you can count me in. Let me know. Also, a question for everyone else, I heard a few years ago someone got killed on an undercut rock somewhere on this run. I was trying to figure out where it was. Does anyone know so I can make sure to be extra carefull around there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it'd be nice to have another paddler. We're shooting for Friday afternoon around 5pm. Give me your email and I'll keep you informed.

ryan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any access issue at the take out or the proper put in? Where have people been putting? Bridge on PktoPk or up Rollinsville Rd? There is a landowner that can be a bit cranky. As for the death, it was a few years ago. It was a 17 year old girl in a Kmart raft. She got pinned at the trestle bridge near Pinecliff. I know there has been good carnage but I have not heard of any kayaker deaths on Alto Alto. We may be heading up Thrusday afterwork.

·
Registered
255 Posts
run tonight?

anyone interested in hooking up for an alto-alto run tonight? myself and a buddy of mine are looking to head up there tonight (6pm) - we'd be stoked to hook up with someone, preferably who has hit the run before.

if so - email - [email protected] or 303-433-9788.

ps - can anyone tell me if portage of drops is possible?

late - Steve

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
A friend and I are thinking about going up there tonight. Never run it, but I'm comfortable leading. Do you want to share a shuttle? 303-918-7546

·
Registered
207 Posts
Alto Tonight?

Phillboop or anyone else that's interested heading up to do this this evening? Let me know either by email: [email protected] or by my work phone: 303-223-5366. I could leave Denver by 4:30 if needed and drive one of the shuttles. -Dave

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yonder

I am meeting a buddy at 6 at the play park to run either Lower CC or Upper CC (kermits to 6/119) You can join us is your up for those runs. I have a red ford pick up. ~Jamie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hit alto last night in my playboat. Had never run it before and felt fine. My only suggestion would be to get no later of a start than put on at 7:00 (especially if you scout tunnell) and have plenty of warm clothes at the takeout. Damn that water is cold!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got off the run at 7:30. It's a fun level about 450 cfs and we were happy to
have creek boats. Remember to run left at the tunnel unless you want to hit a
bunch of holes.

Tooks us 1 1/2 hours, don't park at the takeout on river left under the big 'NO PARKING' sign, just
cross the bridge (to the right) at the takeout and park on the dirt road pullout nearby.

Bring pogies or gloves, or be prepared for frostbitten fingers!

Alek

1 - 15 of 15 Posts