Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any beta on what it will be like at 700. It should be like 500cfs only bigger, i think. also if nyone is interested we are going to run it fri(tomorow) morn.
call if interested
brian
720-244-0198

I should take the playboat? right?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I most definitely want to know how it went.

Been in there at 600 and it was stompin... Super fast and NO eddies.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A buddy and I did it today and it was an interesting mix of one IV+ rapid with some big holes, some IV- ones with smaller holes, some class III broken down damn type things (one with a sticky monster hole near the top of the run) with a couple of miles of class II riffle at the end. We took creek boats on it, and I think that was the right choice. There isn't a whole lot of play, and it was nice to have the stability for the big rapid. About halfway down the run it will gorge up and thats where the Hard one is. A wave train starts it out, and then there are two largish holes one right after the other. THey are punchable in Creekers, but I kind think that a playboat might get back endered (the potential is high at least). After that its just a bunch of boogie for another 100yrds. It mellows out a bunch after that and kinda peeters out the further down you get. I suppose a scout might be in order for the big one, but we didn't have any trouble reading and running today. Hope that helps. Oh, and bring Pogies or glove, cold ass water.

Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's just boogie time through the gorge, although i would agree with Josh on the play boat (you'd definitely be more one with the creek) - it's rather cold in my opinion for that!

·
Registered
808 Posts
we put on in playboats at 1000 a few years ago, and none of us had been on the run. exciting to say the least. i think the playboat would be more fun--as it is not creeky when it is high--just big water in a small canyon----fun,fun,fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts