Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have people used their cam straps for beside tieing down frames and gear?

I've used them as battery hold down straps for an oversized battery. They are now three years old and still holding up great. old

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,326 Posts
  • As a belt,
  • In the back of my car to keep stuff from sliding around,
  • Any kind of stuff you'd normally use a bungee for but want to have more certainty it'll be there at the end of the trip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have ever tried to move one of the foam mattress's you know how big of a pain in the ars they are. Just taco the mattress and throw a strap around and it makes it much more maneuverable ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
My dad used his for holding stuff on his lumber rack for years, those straps go way more work time than they ever did river.

I used one for a belt once when I couldn't find one and I didn't have an ass to hang jeans on.

They're nice for holding a chainsaw to a 4 wheeler rack too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Holding the hood shut on my old Jeep, everything broke on the damn thing, but somehow it still ran...

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
When moving a refrigerator or large item on dolly, strap to keep it from falling forward

ALWAYS, always have a 1 or 2 footer handy in the tool box

Securing ladder on top of rack on camping pop up

Is prime river bootie! Found one sticking up about an inch in the mud on Deso...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Strapping the front wheel of a bike to the frame to keep the wheel from flopping around.

Lashing a 21 foot pole saw to a 12 foot pruning pole to get a little higher up into a tree (probably hit the point that I should have called someone)

kid into a stroller (nrs is probably having a conniption)

and my favorite

A backup strap to catch a falling 5 gallon bucket full of water when testing students bridge designs to failure.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have an old one in the back of my truck that is 'loop lashed' to the topper attachment that I use to strap in things I don't want rolling around back there like propane bottles etc. when it is not otherwise full of crap.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ooh forgot about that one, I use 4 to strap down my ghetto hard bed cover . I cut some 2x6 into arches on the band saw, screwed 1/4 inch ply to that , and the used UV stable epoxy to lay down a layer of carbon fiber. Strong enough to stand on, and keeps eyes out to the bed when traveling.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Definitely use them to strap in propane tanks in the bed of a pickup to keep them from rolling around.

Also use them for the ubiquitous "donor strap" in the SCAT machine.

kid into a stroller (nrs is probably having a conniption)

Hopefully they're not reading this, and hopefully Eric Johnson isn't using this thread as fodder to write an essay?

"My friend" used to have a 2006 double cab Tundra with front bucket seats. Needed to strap in 2 girls in their carseats and 4 adults. My friend have used NRS straps to strap the smaller carseat on top of the center console, and to both front seats.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used to keep an old 3rd row van bench seat around and NRS strap it into the bed of my pickup truck for camping excursions. It faced backward against the back of the cab. The kids would ride back there (with seat belts) on fishing and camping trips.

·
Registered
385 Posts
For playing bondage games with yo mamma!!

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
My German Shepard uses one of mine if he is mad at me, for a chew toy if he can find one. He is training me to put away my toys and it is working.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the loop straps are a must have when shed hunting. they really help keep the load in place and take the wiggle out.
Damn Cody. I haven't run into a shed hunting situation where I needed a strap to keep them all cinched down. Nice problem to have. :D

Hit

1 - 20 of 29 Posts