Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is the play in the canyon at current flows 3800? was planing on making a trip there this weekend, just wondering if it would be worth the drive.

·
Registered
786 Posts
we went last year at this time and felt it was worth the drive. I think it was a little higher last year, and station creek was the best feature in, and it was pretty good. I think 3800 is a good level for burrito, but i might be wrong. The locals told us that if burrito was in it was worth the drive from anywhere. No matter what the level, the down river play will be fun, big water waves and some catch on the fly stuff, not really challenging whitewater though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Call Rendezvous River Sports and they'll tell you whats in. Sounds a little low for Burrito, but I don't remember. Burrito is super sick, and if the rez is low there is usually a pretty good spot in the Narrows rapid (a couple miles below the standard takeout).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Burrito is definitely in, although a little better down around 3600. There's good play from Station Creek down to Burrito, not a lot below there, and Palisades rez is still a little too full for the BFG wave down in the narrows below the normal takeout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts