Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But luckily it didn't.
Going thru a mellow tight mini-gorge section on the American under sunny 75deg skys in late October in Calif. What a beautiful day! until I got too close, shipped the oar on that side and, whack, saw the oar get flexed and pop out of the lock. Good thing I had my keeper on and that it didn't decapitate me or the bow babes (some other tr mentioned this recently?)

Had thoughts of raymo's tr on rigging spare oars in my head cause mine was tied on pretty tight. Fortunately my much maligned second hand chipped, faded carlile flexed real good and nothing seemed to be cracked, bent or broke. I was thinking that a wood or composite shaft would have been toast. I guess I'll have to take another good look to make sure nothing is amiss.

All's well that ends well. Would have liked to extend the season a bit further, but it snowed up here finaly, maybe it's time to put the boat away and pull the skis out.:cool:

syotr next year

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Somebody get this guy a whistle. Sounds like a good time... ahhh sunshine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran Chili Bar, no whistle needed, had the airhorn. much better at scarin the turkey legs offa someone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts