Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to forum to get information last spring. After months of research on what to purchase a friend in alaska was at a sports show and found Alaska rafts. This was February.

We place our order, paid in full with a check and was assured our raft in two months. The terms were acceptable to us. I should have known when I didn't get fast responses to my emails. But the excuse that they were touring the spring circuit made sense. After several calls and emails, after about a month of them getting payment they emailed a receipt. Another red flag.

So April came and went, no raft, I sent more emails, more calls and finally got an answer that the factory in China is backed up. It would be a month later for delivery. Ok, next red flag but I remained hopeful. Next month, nothing, more emails, more calls. No response at all. Finally in JULY I was an airport and thought, where the **** is my raft. Out of impulse I called and the owner answered. He said no rafts yet and one of his customers cancelled. I said to do the same and send my money, certified fund within 7 days. Of course nothing came. So out when my letter send certified so I had a date of receipt. I line out the transaction, included copied of the check, the receipt, all emails send by me and a few of his back, a copy of the cell bill showing his number and date. I asked for full payment refunded, certified funds, within 10 days. Well of course I got nothing! So I went to my attorney who said we would have to go to Alaska and bring him to small claims. I said fine! I like Alaska and needed a vacation. Another two months went by and finally in late September a check came from Alaska rafts.

I am grateful to get my money back! I wish I had our raft instead as we now have a frame and all the gear and no raft. I hope this warns others when making a purchase. Alaska raft held a good sum of money for months and I never got my raft. I think was lucky to get my money back!.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very lucky by the sounds of it. The river community has extremely high expectations for customer service so it is likely that this company won't stick around long if they repeat the service that you have been getting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are super lucky to get your money back. Just as are the customers of the above post's recommendation. Save up your money and buy a raft made in USA.
Most sellers or importers of chinese rafts do not do repairs if you have issues. You will be lucky to get a new boat out of them. Remember you get what you pay for. There is no way to make a $4000 boat for $2000.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't mean to pick on anybody, but buying USA products is a no-brainer. America!! quit fucking yourselves up the ASS and support your own country. I have no problem with fair trade (no currency manipulation and equivalent environmental and safety standards), but don't buy from the scum-of-earth, economic prostitute Chinese!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Didn't you all have some of the same kind of problems?
Their glue didn't work, their raft's seams failed. To their credit they seem to have refunded everyone's money and admitted it in public and are trying to make a new run for next season.

Big Water Raft Company

I admire the fact that they aren't trying to cover anything up and are being honest. Hopefully their next run of boats is bomber and they can be successful. I feel bad for them and their customers who thought that they were going to get some great boats and instead just got refunds and lost time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts