Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Feeling for the friends and family. Didn't have the opportunity to meet Alan unfortunately but he seemed like a true ambassador to the sport who will be deeply missed from what I heard before the accident. Condolences to all. Be safe guys gals.

·
Registered
592 Posts
This has been a rough year for the sport. My condolences to his family, the boys he was on the Pemi with and the tight knit New England crew in which he will be greatly missed.

Be safe my friends

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Phil

Hit me up with details like this and I'll add them to the list we started on boatertalk.com Memorial Page.

·
Registered
20 Posts
rip

Alan, you will be missed. He was a great, class, fun/funny guy. Had the pleasure of boating the grand canyon with him, he made the trip better, always. Never a bad moment. rip. friends and family have lost a great one

·
Registered
226 Posts
Alan was a team member for Fluid and a superb person. Full of jokes, good laughs, and a vigor for life, he will be dearly missed in our community.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This is terribly sad, and he looks familiar to me, was he in the Chronicles of Gnarnia?

·
Registered
178 Posts
For those that knew Alan there will be a celebration of his life in Steamboat Springs on Saturday, October 27 at 2pm at the C-Hole behind the library. Hope to see many good friends there - a reception will be held after with snacks and a few beers.

Here is a link to a post Alan wrote when Boyce Greer died, amazing how true his words are now.

AP Paddling: Keeping on

"...We can't live our life in fear"

Miss you buddy.

Zach.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts