Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any success flying their boat via major airlines? I've seen a few really long surf boards make it. If so, any special instructions or specific airline I should look for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did search but didn't find clear and definite answers. I called the airlines and found that most playboats even exceed the girth limits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I haven't flown with a boat for a few years, but had no problem getting one on American the last time around. I've heard United and Delta are not boater friendly, so maybe avoid those. do a google search on flying with kayak

·
Registered
6 Posts
Frontier worked well for me a month ago going to West Virginia via Regan National. I had their cargo info line first and they quoted a $50 price for me that I paid in Denver. Very easy. I had to take the boat inside on the way back and they took 2 bags and the boat with no charge. I think they were just stunned to see a kayak in D.C. The only issue I had was with the cops at the loading zone but they ended up being friendly when they saw my boat. Whatever you do, I would call first and make sure they put their quoted price onto your ticket reservation so you don't have any issues checking in. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts