Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, I just bought my first raft, an old 16" Avon. It is in pretty good shape. Any pointers on how to air it up properly as to not blow the baffles? I have battery air pump and a K-pump 40.

Also, It seams to me that if baffles blow by airing up one chamber fully before the others, what is the difference if you pop a chamber on the water? Why don't the baffles blow then?
thanks,
John

·
Registered
984 Posts
Inflate two opposite chambers to 80-90%, then fill the others in-between to 90-100%. If you are using a hand pump, which I doubt from your Buzz ID, keep all other valves open while inflating and it will allow more air in the chambers you aren't filling and reduce your effort. Then top off the boat just before you rig or launch.

Second question is a very good one, I have yet to hear of that happening, but it is certainly possible, perhaps others have a good story about that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I blow up each chamber with an LVM. A battery pump does not have the power/psi to blow a baffle. Then top them off with a k pump in no order. The only time I've ever seen/heard a baffle blow was after a hr out of water,fully inflated and on a 100 degree day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts