Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the 9.5 Trib HD 6/3/2020 for my 10-year-old daughter to learn to row and now she has moved on to a larger craft. We used it on easy water and the raft is in great condition with no repairs - only frame marks - I take good care of my gear. The raft has been cleaned, dried, and stored in a heated garage for winter. I'm selling only the rubber for $1500. The boat is located in Dillon Co and I do not really want to ship but shipping possibly could be negotiated.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Been interested in this size with a frame. Do you have photos with the frame on it? How well did it work? I assume for day trips only?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to see if I can find some pics. The raft was rigged with a 54 qt Coleman steel cooler for a seat, a half or full size rocket box in front of the cockpit, and a boulder box in the front (three bay frame made wide and extended oar towers for 8' oars. There is then a small space behind the cooler usually for a small ammo can and then there is space for dry bags on top. The small boat was a nice addition to a multi day trip because we had some extra space. The raft rowed better for my daughter with a bit of weight and also hauled an additional 90 lb kid. I outfitted the frame with an umbrella as well. The kids had a ball rowing their own rig and sometimes I got to take it through rapids. I did one solo multi day fishing trip with backpacking gear easily and also fitted a plywood deck for standing. The kids are now using a 12' raft because three kids on the mini made it slow. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks,

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd love to see a few more photos of this setup. In exchange I'll help you sell your raft by posting a few of my oar frame on the trib 9.5. I've run class IV creeks and big water in the east coast. How big? The Hudson at just under 10ft...big enough commercial guides shut down. It's legit. The raft is fun, more like a cat with all the kick and short tubes. But I've had 4 semi adults (mix of grown kids and adults) in it. It actually paddles great with weight.

This looks very similar to my setup. Though I never finished the multi-day outfit (still needs a coat of sealant). I built it with speed rail. And NRS accessories (seat plate, seat, oar towers). Cost about the same as just buying the long horn but I built it the way I wanted and it's (possibly) a stronger boxed bated frame. I haven't put a floor in and I'd like to our a deck on the rear/front to keep gear off the floor/make it flat. My multi-day has side boards and a front seat/top deck for lashing things to (dry backs or small ammo cans/boxes). In theory it all works. I've built a 16ft NRS river cat from the ground up including side decks, deck/tables, and Paco pads so I feel good about it working. I can replace the seat for a 20mm rocket box if necessary. But east coast rafting overnights are few and mostly backpacking style. We only have a few you could break out all the fixings for and it's not worth it. So I'd likely load my backpacking/canoe camping gear and call it a day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the 9.5 Trib HD 6/3/2020 for my 10-year-old daughter to learn to row and now she has moved on to a larger craft. We used it on easy water and the raft is in great condition with no repairs - only frame marks - I take good care of my gear. The raft has been cleaned, dried, and stored in a heated garage for winter. I'm selling only the rubber for $1500. The boat is located in Dillon Co and I do not really want to ship but shipping possibly could be negotiated.
Interested I’m in Breckenridge text or call 970 40six 218three

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.