Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 2 of 62 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Thank you all for your helpful replies and suggestions! I would love a custom frame but since I don't really know how I want the boxes and gear arranged yet I'll probably end up going with a pieced together NRS frame for now. I picked up some 8.5' oars last week at Cascade River Gear for 10% off. Now onto some pictures (since everyone loves pictures, right?!:

View attachment 64229
Here is the large box that was delivered! Let the happiness begin!

View attachment 64230
Everything was neatly packaged inside.

View attachment 64231
The boat, floor, 2 thwarts, and the patch kit.

View attachment 64232
Rolled out for the first time.

View attachment 64233
Inflated enough to hold it's shape.

View attachment 64234
Flipped over and floor suspended with straps to help with the lacing. The boat came with white rope, but I like to be different. I used grey rope to lace in the floor. No one will ever know it's there... except all of us.

View attachment 64235
Floor laced in. Not hard and only mildly time consuming. It maybe took about 45 minutes?

View attachment 64236
Flipped back over.

Next up: Even though I primarily purchased this to turn into a low water Middle Fork boat I will also use it to have a good time on the Main Payette (or are we calling it "The Spork" now??). I will be laying out and installing thwarts later today. I have a decent system that I use on my 156R using carabiners and Sharpie'd straps to make future removing and installing thwarts a breeze. I'll try to document that as I go along. After thwarts? Figuring out and building my frame!!

· Registered
36 Posts
How do you attach thwarts with the caribeaners? Do you use the straps or d rings as attachment points? I have always wanted a more efficient way to swap out thwarts for frame depending on what I'm doing for the day r6 vs rowing on my 156R & now my puma for fishing frame or R2ing. Cheers on the new boat!

1 - 2 of 62 Posts