Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you use this bag. I don't really think I need the water proof one, so if I get one at all it will probably be the mesh bag. I am just wondering how much you can actually fit inside. I doubt I will be able to get our 4" Carlson pump in it, but I am thinking it would be good for the repair kit, a small dry bag full of cloths and other day trip items. If you do not recommend this particular cargo bag, any other similar bags you suggest?

I am also interested in info on Aire's new PVC cooler. I haven't been able to find much info on it at all, but it looks like a good day trip cooler.

Thanks

Steven

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Steve,

I have the small mesh IK Aire bag.

It is relatively small and I plan to use it as a 'day' bag to hold small items. I think this is a great bag for that. Typical Aire Quality.

I also have Tuff River Stuff big mesh IK Cargo bag. This is typical Ray construction, meaning it is totally bomb proof. It is also pretty big and I use it for trips when I need to put a lot of varied gear inside that are in waterproof bags or the water will not hurt.

Bottom line, both of these bags work great. One for day trips or a few small items, the other for larger loads on either day or overnight trips.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This is the burly welded PVC bow bag with Ti-ZIP seal right?

I have one. It was outrageously priced and I can't remember how I rationalized the cost, but it's a great bag.

I like it primarily because it is much much faster to get in and out off than a Watershed bag. I like to keep my cameras in the bow bag so I can quickly shoot action, and the zipper cuts minutes of that procedure.

The cost is competitive with other zip duffels, like the Seal Line. I think the aire's bag uses a burlier PVC.

The only quibble I have is seating the final 1/8" is a little finicky so triple check for a full seal.

But no trouble with the zipper or other problems after about 3 years of hard use. It's one of my 2 go-to bags for self support trips.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
I have the Aire cargo hold, I can fit an NRS Wonderpump in it. a 4 piece breakdown paddle, and a dry bag with junk in it (repair kit, keys, lunch, etc.) and it still has room left over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts