Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came off the green and was cleaning the boat when I realized that my floor bladder is sitting funny. It's like it got folded or something. When I ran the Grand earlier this year I did roll my raft and was wondering if this is where this happened.

Anyone else ever see this? I assume I should just unzip the floor and check it out.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting. So I pulled the zipper for the floor and looked at the bladder for the floor. Seems that a baffle has come apart and this is causing the boat floor to bulge along that baffle.

Guess a call to AIRE is in order on Monday.

Out of curiosity has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So - here's an interesting question. Since this causes the floor to protrude not only up but down as well more on one side than the other. I would imagine this would affect tracking as well?

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,427 Posts
I would think more so on regular I beam floors than on the aire since there is a flat skin that sits on the water and water in the floor filling those voids. If I remember right, yours isnt a sealed pocket right?

Some people have brought aires in for the annual maintenance that I do and they didnt even know that they had a blown I beam. Whether they were just unaware that the boat was tracking funny or it doesnt make much difference i dont know. That Ibeam didn't blow by you rolling the boat up so I guess you would know if at some point the boat started tracking differently. I havent spent much time in aires with blown i beams so I cant comment on personal experience but the design seems like it would be more forgiving tracking wise than a traditional floor with a blown I beam.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...the aire folks rock. Gave them my serno and they're shipping a new floor out. They don't even want the old one back. Big props to Aire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just replaced my floor due to a blown I beam. I ran it bulging for 3 years so, I'm guessing you could get away with it for a some time. I was told they changed from a manual process to an automated machine to make the floors. I'm concerned now though because your boat is way newer than mine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My 2006 156r had a leak in the floor Aire cell. I called them Tuesday, the new Aire cell is in the raft! Wow 4 days. The best service ever. Thank you Kyle at Aire AIRE ROCKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts